Magpul MBUS Front Gen 2
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight.
The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most Picatinny-railed hand guard equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
Features / Specifications
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
- Spring-locking front sight post holds consistent elevation
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is not compatible with the MOE Hand Guard.
Gen 2 Magpul MBUS Front
Posted by Rodney Ketchens on 28th Mar 2015
Purchased this item along with the rear with the recommendation from Jesus at Sabal Arms. I am extremely satisfied with the look and quality of the product.